Monday, April 19, 2010

Reflection

This past semester has been a fantastic learning experience for me. Prior to posting up this blog for sports marketing, I had never even bothered to try and continually look at news and emerging technology online. I always assumed blogs were boring and didn't really have much to offer someone like me. I couldn't be more wrong! I have been astonished at how many exciting new things are happening right now in the social media world. If it weren't for this course, I would be totally clueless about most of the useful new tools web 2.0 has to offer. I continually check my Google reader account for news on some of my preferred sports topics, its nice to be able to sort the sports news only by the things I want to read about. I've also been able to expand my knowledge by subscribing to some cutting edge websites. If you would like to see some of my Google reader favorites please view "Derek's shared items" on the right side of this page. I've also sent up a "monetize" feature so that my blog can make money based on advertisements! All in all I am looking forward to continue posting on this blog and viewing other blogs in order to keep up with the latest technology and news! There are so many tools and new features that are being introduced soon, it will be exciting to continue to watch social media grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment